Transfer credit to complete your degree
The online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree at Marquette University is designed for professionals with some college experience who would like to complete their degree for career advancement. The online BS in Business Administration will equip you with the business and leadership skills you need to succeed but you don’t need to start from scratch.
We want your transfer to Marquette to go smoothly. Part of that is maximizing the amount of credits that will transfer from other institutions.
We’ve streamlined the transfer process. So you can focus on completing your degree.
Marquette is proud to be named as one of Phi Theta Kappa’s 2021 Transfer Honor Roll
The prestigious honor is awarded to the top 25% of colleges who have earned the highest “Transfer Friendliness Ratings.”1
Transferring credit to Marquette
Notes on credit transfer
During admission review an official credit evaluation is conducted by the academic dean’s office. Some things to keep in mind about credit transfer:
- Most associate degree credits transfer.
- Any course completed at a regionally accredited university with a grade of "C" or better will be considered for transfer credit regardless of the method of delivery.
- Trade school, job training, military experience, physical education or continuing education courses typically do not transfer.
Note that in order to graduate, all Marquette University graduation and undergraduate residency requirements must be satisfied.
Guaranteed admission from eight community colleges
This guaranteed admission agreement allows qualified students to plan their transfer in advance by drawing on Marquette’s advising resources to ensure a smooth transition.
College of Lake County (Illinois)
Milwaukee Area Technical College (Wisconsin)
City Colleges of Chicago (Illinois)
McHenry County College (Illinois)
Elgin Community College (Illinois)
Joliet Junior College (Illinois)
Oakton Community College (Illinois)
The Bejing Center of Chinese Studies
Transfer partnerships in Wisconsin
Marquette and Waukesha County Technical College have an Articulation Agreement for the Associate of Arts and Sciences (AAS) in Business Management to the online Bachelor’s in Business Administration.
Additionally, Marquette is one of the private, nonprofit colleges and universities participating in WAICU-WTCS Course Credit Transfer Agreement which simplifies the process and guarantees admissions requirements are met by many courses throughout Wisconsin’s 16 technical colleges.2
See how your credits transfer before completing the application
An official course evaluation is completed and delivered as part of the formal transfer application process. A preliminary unofficial credit evaluation can be conducted by using Transferology.
Transferology is a robust tool that can help quickly determine which of your previously completed courses will fully transfer to our online BS in Business Administration.
- Create a free Transferology account.
- Enter the school name where you have taken a course.
- Enter the department name of the course and select the course you have taken on the right side of your screen.
- After you have entered all your courses, click on the green “Search for Matches” button.
- If any "maybe" courses appear, click "Request More Information" to have your courses sent to Marquette Admissions and evaluated for credit.
Explore more transfer planning options.
Marquette wants to make it as easy as possible for you to transfer your credits and start working to complete your degree. Further transfer planning resources are available.
- Retrieved on July 13, 2021 from portal.ptk.org/Scholarships/TransferHonorRoll.aspx
- Retrieved on July 13, 2021 from waicu.org/ccta