Marquette admissions criteria and deadlines
With three start dates available throughout the year—fall, spring and summer—don’t wait to start the next step in your career. We recommend applying by the priority application deadlines, so explore the program today and start your application.
Upcoming application deadlines
|Term||Priority deadline||Final deadline||Start date|
|Spring 2023||November 18, 2022||January 6, 2023||January 17, 2023|
Counseling degree programs require a commitment to serving others. No work experience is required when you apply to our online Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, but we do ask that your letters of recommendation and personal statement reflect your interest in the profession and the relevant skills you have cultivated. This allows us to review you as a holistic applicant.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- Completed online application form
- $50 application fee
- Waiver available if you attend an information session or are a Marquette University alum
- Personal statement emphasizing why you’re interested in the program and why you’re suited to the counseling profession
- Unofficial transcripts can be submitted with your application. If you are admitted, official transcripts from past academic institutions will be required prior to registration
- Official GRE scores (Optional through summer 2023)
- Three letters of recommendation speaking to your potential for success in graduate school, fitness for the counseling profession and personal strengths and limitations
- Interview with a faculty member from our counselor education and counseling psychology program
- This 30-minute interview provides both an opportunity for us to get to know you better and for you to become more familiarized with our program and the university.