Marquette counseling changes futures
Discover your purpose and the tools to make a difference in lives and communities.
Our online Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling is built on a tradition of excellence and commitment to working in diverse settings. In the Marquette counseling program, you will gain the insights and experience to pursue a thoughtful and fulfilling career as a counselor—with the flexibility and convenience of an online program.
Whether you choose to specialize in child and adolescent counseling or pursue our general track, you will be focusing on growth and development, improving the quality of lives, identifying the strengths and tools your clients need to succeed, and the issues and mental health concerns that hold them back.
- Complete in as few as 3 years
- 60 credits
- 18 required courses
- 2 elective courses
- Three opportunities to start per year
- Pursue general track or the child and adolescent counseling specialization
What you’ll gain
- Understand the foundations of behavior through biological, psychological, social and cultural lenses and evidence-based approaches to individuals and groups
- Gain a grounding in the professional, ethical and legal standards of the profession
- Serve as an advocate for the mental healthcare of underserved individuals and communities
- Build critical practices, such as self awareness and reflection, into your role as a counselor
- Understand clinical mental health counseling prevention and treatment for individuals as well as groups
- Students specializing in child and adolescent counseling will learn about evidence-based counseling practices specific for children and adolescents