Marquette admissions and deadlines
The online M.S. in Health Care Data Analytics program is designed to help you build your expertise from the moment you begin. Join when it best fits your schedule with three start dates available throughout the year: fall, spring and summer.
Health care data analytics admissions deadlines
|Term||Priority deadline||Final deadline||Start date|
|Fall 2022||June 27, 2022||August 8, 2022||August 29, 2022|
Marquette admissions requirements
You must hold an undergraduate bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or equivalent foreign degree. If you have significant work experience and your GPA is less than 3.0, you will be considered based on your academic performance combined with references relevant to successful work experience.
During the application process, you will need to submit the following materials.
- Completed online application form
- $50 application fee
- Waiver available if you attend an information session or are a Marquette University alum
- Current and previous transcripts from colleges and universities attended (excluding Marquette)
- Unofficial transcripts may be submitted with your application; once admitted, final official transcripts from past academic institutions will be required prior to registration
- Statement of purpose outlining relevant work experience or education, career goals, possible areas of interest, and reasons for seeking admission to this program
- Two professional or academic recommendation letters from people who can best speak to the applicant's potential for future success in the program and in a future analytics career role
- International applicants only: official TOEFL score report (minimum 80 on the Internet-based version) or other acceptable proof of English proficiency
- Demonstration of basic information systems competence and statistical literacy
How do I demonstrate basic information systems competence and statistical literacy?
Basic information systems competency as demonstrated by:
- A grade of B or above in a previous introductory coding/programming course at Marquette, OR
- Proof of successful completion of an introductory online Python programming course from an approved provider or other provider later approved by Marquette
Statistical literacy as demonstrated by:
- A grade of B or above in previous introductory statistics course at Marquette, OR
- Proof of successful completion of an introductory online statistics course using R (programming language) from an approved provider or other provider later approved by Marquette
Students will be admitted to the program without these requirements but must show proof of completion of the prerequisite courses from an approved provider prior to the start of the first term in order to continue with the program.