MBA graduates equipped with leading-edge skillsets are ready to face complex business challenges while working tirelessly for the greater good. Finding an opportunity to make a difference in the world requires innovative thinking about the future of business management in an increasingly challenging era.
Perhaps you've been thinking about furthering your career and have wondered, "What jobs can I get with an MBA?" To help you get an idea of what types of jobs you could pursue as a strategic and ethical business leader, we've pulled together a comprehensive list of great jobs for MBA graduates. Read on to explore career opportunities for professionals with an MBA and the advantages offered by an online MBA program from a top-tier business school with a world-class faculty.
10 of the Best Jobs for MBA Graduates
Although the coronavirus pandemic has wreaked massive economic damage across the globe, MBA students are gaining valuable experience from the real-time study of the complex challenges that businesses are experiencing.1 While unemployment is at an all-time high, MBA grads are typically receiving awesome job offers with 6-figure salaries, likely because of this highly relevant expertise.2
A great job is not necessarily defined by income, title or associated privileges, however. A better definition for great might be 'personally satisfying.' Recent studies indicate the top characteristics of satisfying jobs include flexibility, engagement, helping others, being skilled at your job and being valued for your skills, opportunities for meaningful collaboration and social support from coworkers.3
What Jobs Can I Get With an MBA?
Listed in no particular order, here are jobs for MBA graduates. Each of these roles offers excellent opportunities for personal satisfaction and it doesn't hurt that they also come with great salaries, prestigious titles and generous perks and benefits.
- Management Consultants: Management consultants assist businesses with strategies for dealing with adversity in downturns and developing growth in good times.2 Typically working independently or as a member of a consulting firm, management consultants receive top pay to offer specialized advice for improving profitability and efficiency to CEOs, CFOs and other C-suite executives.2, 4
- Leadership Roles in Entertainment, Sports and Fashion Companies: A variety of neat jobs for MBA graduates are available in the exciting industries of sports, fashion and entertainment. MBA grads are typically sought after for valuable marketing-related analysis and expertise needed to determine profitable services and products preferred by such consumers as movie-goers, sports fans and fashionistas.5
- Management Positions in Food and Beverage Businesses: MBA graduates seeking management positions in the food and beverage industry are sought after and highly paid. Executives with MBA degrees are rare in this industry, so the specialized MBA skill set and business expertise are excellent competitive advantages for C-suite career seekers.5
- Health and Medical Services Management Careers: Organizations offering health care and medical services are currently in dire need of skilled business leaders to help overcome the huge logistical challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic.2 Overseeing daily operations, managing finances and minimizing costs while maximizing quality in such organizations require the complex analysis and data-driven decision-making skills of health care and medical services administrators with MBA degrees.2, 4
- Management Positions in Higher Education Institutions: Universities and colleges are offering a wide new array of awesome jobs for MBA graduates as these institutions face steep competition to attract students. Especially with the rising popularity of online instruction during the pandemic, MBA grads are in high demand by institutions wanting to gauge the effectiveness of online academic programs.5
- Business Operations Management Positions: Analyzing and coordinating an organization's supply chain, refining processes for transforming inputs into outputs and improving the cost-efficiency of bringing products to consumers are only a few of the roles filled by business operations managers with MBA degrees.5 MBA grads are also in high demand to manage the transformation of operating procedures as businesses transition to working remotely or selling products and services online.2
- Financial Management Roles: For many businesses lately, pandemic-related expenses have been rising as revenues simultaneously decline. This situation has created many awesome jobs for MBA graduates trained to solve cash flow challenges, monitor organizational budgets and forecast the future performance of strategic financial investments. With specialized skills as keen investors, financial managers are typically top-tier business executives earning top-tier salaries.2, 4
- Marketing Management Careers: Marketing managers are astute business leaders responsible for analyzing market demands, strategizing marketing campaigns, coordinating marketing teams and developing successful methods for increasing sales and attracting new customers. Because nearly every company in nearly every industry has a service or product to sell, this is a fast-growing field where MBA graduates are highly paid and in high demand.2
- Purchasing Management Positions: Purchasing managers typically have an MBA degree that has prepared them to plan and coordinate the purchase of supplies, materials and products used to support the business needs of an organization. Purchasing management positions require savvy business leaders who can negotiate the best prices for services and products from wholesalers and contractors and oversee regional or local purchasing agents and buyers.4
- Business Intelligence Roles: MBA graduates are in strong demand across a growing spectrum of industries for well-paying jobs analyzing the market, business and industry trends to help identify profitable new business opportunities. With powerful data-driven decision-making skills, business intelligence leaders collect and manipulate computer data with high-tech software. Transforming business data into business intelligence helps determine impacts such as current business performance and future business forecasts that ultimately impact the organization's bottom line.4, 5
Benefits and Advantages of an Online MBA Program
Online MBA programs offer a rich educational experience while preparing you for awesome business leadership positions. They provide the same excellent opportunities for collaboration, connections and interactions with peers as on-campus programs, but offer greater convenience, accessibility and flexibility to match your busy schedule.
Marquette University's Online MBA is purposely designed to meet working professional's needs. With the intuitive D2L learning management system, Marquette's 100% Online MBA program offers ample time and opportunities to focus on your studies, view lectures, engage in discussions and complete assignments whenever your personal schedule permits.
As a U.S. News & World Report top-ranking school, Marquette University backs up its world-class programs with a full suite of career advancement resources and support services.6 All online and on-campus alumni and students in the Graduate School of Management have full access to the resources provided by its Business Career Center.7 Virtual appointments with Marquette's Business Career Center counselors offer opportunities to identify and explore your career goals and help prepare you for the awesome business career you're aspiring to attain.
Ready to Reach Your Full Potential?
If you're ready to reach your full potential as a bold, strategic and ethical business leader, consider how an Online MBA from Marquette University's Graduate School of Management will give you the leading-edge skill set to achieve your highest aspirations.
Our affordable and 100% Online MBA offers you the freedom and flexibility to arrange study times around your personal schedule, 24/7, all from the comfort of your favorite location.
- Retrieved on July 10, 2021 from usnews.com/education/best-graduate-schools/top-business-schools/articles/the-relevance-of-an-mba-education-during-the-coronavirus-pandemic
- Retrieved on July 10, 2021 from usnews.com/education/best-graduate-schools/top-business-schools/articles/hot-jobs-for-mba-graduates
- Retrieved on July 10, 2021 from fastcompany.com/90233182/6-characteristics-of-a-satisfying-job
- Retrieved on July 10, 2021 from indeed.com/career-advice/finding-a-job/mba-degree-jobs
- Retrieved on July 10, 2021 from usnews.com/education/best-graduate-schools/top-business-schools/articles/2018-08-30/7-nontraditional-jobs-for-mba-graduates
- Retrieved on July 10, 2021 from usnews.com/best-colleges/marquette-university-3863/overall-rankings
- Retrieved on July 10, 2021 from online.marquette.edu/business/careers