Marquette University admissions and deadlines
The online M.S. in Computer and Information Science program is designed for your career success. Join when it best fits your schedule with three start dates available throughout the year: fall, spring and summer.
Computer and Information Science admissions deadlines
|Term||Priority deadline||Final deadline||Start date|
|Summer 2023||March 31, 2023||May 8, 2023||May 22, 2023|
Marquette admissions requirements
You must hold an undergraduate bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or equivalent foreign degree. If you have significant work experience and your GPA is less than 3.0, you will be considered based on your academic performance combined with references relevant to successful work experience.
During the application process, you will need to submit the following materials.
- Completed online application form
- $50 application fee
- Waiver available if you attend an information session or are a Marquette University alum
- Current and previous transcripts from colleges and universities attended (excluding Marquette)
- Unofficial transcripts may be submitted with your application; once admitted, final official transcripts from past academic institutions will be required prior to registration
- Showcase computer coursework including software development, data structures and algorithms, or equivalent experience
- If you do not have relevant coursework reported on transcripts, please explain alternative experiences when applying, or apply to the career-changer pathway
- Statement of purpose outlining relevant work experience or education, career goals, possible areas of interest, and reasons for seeking admission to this program
- Three letters of recommendation from professors or professionals familiar with your abilities, academic work or professional background
- International applicants only: official TOEFL score report (minimum 80 on the Internet-based version) or other acceptable proof of English proficiency